YOUTH AT LIFE COMMUNITY CHURCH
GRADES 7 THROUGH 12
CONNECTING WITH YOUTH - PARTNERING WITH PARENTS - HELPING FAMILIES DO LIFE WITH JESUS CHRIST
Sign-up to receive text reminders from Remind
For High School Bible Study text @HSBSLCC to 81010
For Youth Group text @YGLCC to 81010
PSA: if your child has not really been involved in Youth Life, but would like to maybe join... now is literally a perfect time to do that. We are starting new small groups with new leaders and we’ll all be getting to know each other some these next few weeks. We would love to have them join. Give us a shout if your kiddo is on the fence or interested... we will make sure to get them in a group :)
TUESDAY 6/2 - POP-UP LUNCH WITH NEXTGEN @ 12-1 PM
WEDNESDAY, 6/3... @ 7p via ZOOM - 45 minutes! - ASK FOR THE ZOOM LINK or text (#'s at bottom of page)
- everyone together for a quick check-in
- a silly game
- plans for summer
- meeting new 7th graders
- and quick intro of groups and group leaders
WEDNESDAY, 6/10... @ 7p via ZOOM - 90 minutes!- ASK FOR THE ZOOM LINK or text (#'s at bottom of page)
- separate boys and girls - mixed ages
- fun, get to know each other
- heart of "small group" and "word" spaces
- how are you, praying for each other
WEEK OF 6/14 & 6/21... SMALL GROUPS MEET LIVE @ HOMES!
- we'll aim for meeting live at homes (backyards, front porches)
- most groups will meet on Wednesdays, but will have freedom to meet other times if best for group
What you're getting here are essentially our favorites. Resource partners & podcasts for topics all across the board which we as fellow parents and ministry leaders find helpful ourselves.
We are excited to announce that we have recently partnered with a ministry called Axis. Why does this matter to you? We have acquired a library of resources designed to help you better understand the world teens are living in and equip you to walk in discipleship with the teens in your life! THERE IS NO COST TO YOU! Axis is a ministry that helps bridge the gap between pop culture and theology in order to help you connect the generational gap you may feel at times. Read more...
This library of resources is called the All Axis Pass. We now have written, audio, and video resources that will help us to love our students well. Here’s a sample of what we have access to:
- The Culture Translator Premium — A weekly email that digests things happening in your student’s culture to help you engage their world (sign up here: axis.org/ctp-signup).
- Parent Guides — 10-15 page PDFs answering your questions on the hottest topics in today’s culture, such as Fortnite, Smartphones, and Sexting.
- Conversation Kits — Watch these 50-minute videos with your students to help spark deep and meaningful conversations about the most important cultural themes in their lives.
- Axis Summits — Over 250 expert interviews with the most influential people in youth education and spiritual formation.
- Smartphone and Sex Talk Reboots — 30 days to rebooting and redefining the conversations around both of these vital topics, both of which will provide you with questions to ask your students, actions steps, and questions to ponder personally.
- Teen Talks — 10-day topical plans that are designed to help you have intentional conversations on tough topics.
The Q stands for questions. With a no topic is off limits approach, our thoughtful guides help you navigate the complex intersection of faith and 21st century culture. With our 15+ years of expert interaction, research analysis and commissioned talks on complex cultural issues, we provide you the knowledge and approach to better engage difficult conversations.
Restoration Project is a movement of awake men. We are not a method, message, product or person. We are committed to catalyzing men everywhere to ENGAGE as intentional fathers and brothers. We help them dive deeply into their own stories, find healing in their souls, know God for who He truly is, and out of a place of strength and tenderness, restore the world.
We want to remind you why what you do is so important. To help you focus on what matters most. To discover parenting along with you, so you know you’re not in this alone. Not all at once. Just little by little. So week by week, we will cue you so you can make the most of the weeks you have with your kids before graduation.
DOMESTIC MISSION TRIP
WHEN: July 20-24
GRADES: Rising 9th-12th
more details coming soon
WHEN: August 7-9
GRADES: Rising 7th-8th
more details coming soon
J.R. KENNEDYNEXTGEN PASTOR
GABI TAYLORMINISTRY RESIDENT
T.J. MILBYMINISTRY RESIDENT
WHERE WE MEET
Life Community Church -- 4400 Cemetery Rd. Hilliard, OH 43026